Unified icons framework
More than 100 icon sets, one library.
Over 100,000 open source vector icons.
There are many excellent icon sets available. Each icon set has its own custom syntax, some are available only as fonts. Unfortunately, almost all of them load an entire set, even if you are displaying just a few icons. This makes it hard to use different icon sets.
Iconify tries to unify all icon sets. You can use the same code no matter what icon set you choose. You can mix icons from multiple icon sets on the same page.
What icons are available?
All icons are validated, cleaned up, optimised and regularly updated.
You can use Iconify with your own icons or with premium icon sets too.
How to use icon data?
Data for all open source icons is stored in simple to use JSON format and can be retrieved from:
- NPM and Packagist packages.
- GitHub repository.
- Public API. API can also be used to browse and search icons.
You can use icon data in custom tools, custom icon components. You can also convert your own icons to JSON format using Iconify libraries.
Icon components, plugins
For developers Iconify offers:
- Easy to use icon components. Icon components can load icon data on demand from API or use offline bundles that you can generate from NPM packages. In addition to icon components, Iconify offers SVG framework that is as easy to use as icon font, but renders pixel perfect SVGs.
- Tools for working with icon data in JSON format, so you could use icon data in your projects.
- Plugins for design software: Figma and Sketch, which use API to search icons.
Latest Iconify Updates
Iconify is an open source project.
Other icon components and tools are licensed under MIT license.
Apache 2.0 and MIT licenses allows pretty much anything, including commercial use.
GPL 2.0 license allows use with more restrictive popular open source projects.
This license does not apply to icons. Icons are released under different licenses, see each icon set for details. Icon sets available by default are all licensed under some kind of open source license.