SVG framework function: disableCache
This tutorial is part of Iconify SVG Framework functions tutorial.
Function disableCache() disables caching in localStorage and sessionStorage.
When the SVG framework retrieves new icons from API, icon data is stored in browser storage. Cache makes rendering faster because SVG framework can retrieve icons from cache instead of sending an API query. Unlike API queries, cache is instant.
By default, localStorage is enabled, sessionStorage is disabled.
The function has the following parameter:
- storage. Storage to disable.
The first parameter can be one of the following:
- "local" for localStorage.
- "session" for sessionStorage.
- "all" for both localStorage and sessionStorage.
// Disable caching in localStorage
// Disable all caching
- Enabling or disabling the cache will not affect icon data already stored in the cache. Icon data will always be loaded, regardless of setting. The setting affects only storing new icon data retrieved from API.
- Setting affects only icon data loaded from the Iconify API. Icon data loaded with or is not cached.
- When both localStorage and sessionStorage are enabled, icon data is cached only in localStorage.